Technophobe to Enthusiast

 


My journey through Social Media (SM) began with me as a technophobe. Yes, globally, emerging technology was driving life as we now know it, however, it was moving too quickly for me. [SCREAM] "Another social-media site trying to steal our information!" Not to mention, "I heard these SM sites spy on you....so block your camera!" Phishing, digital predators, cyberbullying, hacking, viruses. These were always my thoughts and memories on hearing of a new SM site, because I was always concerned about my privacy, security, ethics and my capacity to manipulate these sites. Talk about a paranoia fix. I had that really bad. Then I thought that was enough LOOK OUT TECHNOPHOBIA! YOU'RE GOING DOWN!


GUESS WHAT! I love SM now and explore them as safely as I can. The key to me now being an ENTHUSIAST:
  1. learning as much as possible about the site/platform.
  2. exploring the privacy.
  3. BECOMING CHILL and GETTING WITH THE PROGRAMME😁
  4. using and realizing how beneficial these SM sites were to me personally and professionally.
  5. having fun with the sites/platforms and did I mention,
  6. BECOMING CHILL and GETTING WITH THE PROGRAMME😁?
Pssst! What's your techno story? 🤔



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs of a Social Media Novice: My E-Zone

Social Media Milestones: A brief lesson on the historical timeline & impact on learning